Ephesians 3:17.."that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,"

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Eat F-O-O-D!

I love f-o-o-d, however, I love c-r-a-p too!  But, the OLDER(yikes!) I get, the more I realize I have to take care of myself .  Our body is a wonderful gift from God and it's our responsiblitly to treat it respectfully.
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

Not having my afternoon Coke(C),A\as I cut down on my sweets(R) and measuring out 1 serving, which is hardly anything,  staying away from something that is NOT it's intended color(A), and starting to make my own mashed potatoes instead of from the box(P).  Is helpingme  get a handle of what I put into my body. 
My husband has been awesome at juicing. He makes his veggie juice everyday.  He also makes fruit and veggie for me and the girls.  What a great influence he is on his family and I am thankful! It makes a huge impact if you are both on board.

                                      My 2yr old daughter waiting for daddy to give her some juice

My favorite is a Very Berry Spinach Smoothie:

1/2 cup water
1/4 cup of plain yogurt
1/2 cup of FROZEN strawberries
1/2 cup of FROZEN blueberries
1/2 cup of FROZEN rasberries
1 cup of spinach

Blend together in blender for about 2 minutes until it is a smooth consistancy.  All blenders are different, so make sure it is fully blended. Enjoy!!

Actually, God is pretty clear on what we are to put into our bodies.  This is for our own health. If He cares for the birds of the air, He certainly cares for us and what we put into our bodies.  Read Leviticus 11 for what God deems as healthy and unhealthy foods.

1 comment: