Ephesians 3:17.."that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,"

Friday, October 18, 2013

Torah Boot Camp VBS Overview

 
 


Our Torah Boot Camp VBS was our best one yet! The kids had SO much fun and they are still talking about it weeks later!  Here is an overview of how we set things up!

Lesson:
Day1: Physical and Spiritual Training: Exercising Godliness.  Focused on Salvation on the first day. You can't even think about entering a battle with Satan unless you have Jesus as your Savior!
Day 2:Following Orders: Obedience!
Day 3:The Battle: Stand Firm; Armor of God
Day 4: The Victory!!!

Decorations:
 Army Crates: plain cardboard boxes, spray paint army green and stencil words like; God's Army; Brave; Stand Firm; Bibles; in yellow. I made 20 of them and stacked them all around the room.

 
 
Sand Bags:  I had someone from our congregation that works for the city get me actual sandbags. I just stuffed them with newspaper to fill them out.  Stacked them all around the front of the stage.

Station Signs:  We had various stations for the traveling company's to help divide the kids up.  We had the Mess Hall, Torah Drills, BaseCamp, Field Training and the Craft Bunker.  I got firm posterboard at the $1 Store, spraypainted, and stenciled the words.

Army Gear: We had donations of army jackets and other gear.  We also had access to a very large canvas Army tent that we set up outside for our craft bunker.  We had hats for all the adults.  I also got hats for all the kids at www.haloheaven.com .  We also had camo paint set up at the beginning of each day so the kids could camo up.


 
Even I got into the fun!!
 

We also had a Barracks. We set up "lockers" for each kid to place their hat each day and their "dogtag" name tag.  They also placed their crafts their too for safe keeping. The Barracks consisted of 2x4 lumber shelves placed on cinder blocks. We had about 3 shelves and we used camo duct tape to write their names.
 
Staff and Companies:

For each station I had a "Sergeant", an adult who ran the station.  Then each company represented an age group and color.  They marched to and from each station with their flag and a "Staff Sergeant" (a teenager) who accompanied them everywhere.  So then each station had the adult and a teen helper every time.
4yr= Aleph Company(Orange)
5-6yr= Bet Company(Purple)
7 yr= Chet Company(Green)
8-9yr= Dalet Company(Blue)
Each child's name tag had their corresponding color.
Bet Company with Staff Sergeant Hannah
(purple Flag and "dogtag" nametags)
 
 
Army Cadence:
Of course we had to have our own army cadence to have the kids march to every day.  But you have to practice up on your drill sergeant voice!
"I don't know what you've been told" (kids repeat)
"Torah is God's Word of old" (kids repeat)
"Read it, say it and obey it" (kids repeat)
"Bow your head and meditate it" (kids repeat)
"Sound Off"(Drill Sergeant)
"Torah" (kids answer)
"Sound Off" :(Drill Sergeant)
"Is Life" (kids answer)
"Sound Off" (Drill Sergeant)
"Torah is life--IS LIFE! (kids answer)

We also downloaded a bugle call and played it when they needed to return to Base Camp!

Physical Training:
What kind of Bible Boot camp would this be without some PT!!!!!!
 
 
 
Stations: 
The companies assembled together for Standard Procedures(rules), PT, Worship, Lesson and Skit. Then we break off into our 15 min. rotation stations.
Torah Drills: where the company's practice sword drills, Bible verse, and Hebrew Aleph Bet
Mess Hall- company's rest for snacks and drinks
Field Training- Company's meet outside for a game
Craft Bunker-company's gather for a fun craft

48 comments:

  1. do you have the lesson plans available? this is a wonderful idea! thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do have the lesson plans I made for this VBS. Send me your email and I will send you what I have! Blessings!

      Delete
    2. this is a wonderful idea!!!! Do you still have the lesson plans? If so could you send them to me? bigelkok@aol.com God Bless. Linda Grubbs

      Delete
    3. wonderful idea!!! Thanks for sharing. If you still have the lesson plans could you send them to bigelkok@aol.com. Thank you God Bless

      Delete
    4. Sure can! I"ll send you what I have :) Blessings!

      Delete
    5. I would also really appreciate the lesson plans! Thank you! josh.misty@yahoo.com

      Delete
    6. This is an awesome VBS idea! Think the kids will really love this ♡♡ Thank you so much for sharing ♡♡ I noticed you had shared the lesson plans with others. Would you happen to still have them?

      Delete
    7. Christina K! Thank you for your interest in my VBS plans. Please send me your email and I will email you what I have! Thank You!

      Delete
  2. do you have the lesson plans available? this is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. May i ask for the lesson plas please? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. May i ask for the lesson plan please. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina K, Please send me your email and I will send you what I have! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! Could you send me lesson plans!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynette,
      Please message me your email so I can send you the lesson plans:) Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  7. Awesome idea! If you still have the lesson plan, I would love a copy. pattysmith239@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you still have this lesson plan, I would love a copy. Thank you! pattysmith239@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Patty! I have emailed the Torah Boot Camp Lesson plan! Thank You for having a heart for the children!

      Delete
  9. I LOVE your idea!!! I want to run this by our VBS team. Like everybody else, if you still have the lesson plan, I will be so grateful.
    Btw, I “accidentally” found your pin. Ain’t God good?!!!
    Angie
    thesheepster@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie,
      I have emailed the Torah Boot Camp VBS Lesson plans to you! Praying you have an awesome VBS!

      Delete
  10. love your ideas, Would love to see your lesson plans. We are hoping to do a boot camp in 2021. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your ideas, would love to see your lesson plans. we hope to do a boot camp in 2021

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to share this lesson plan with you! Please leave me your email address please and I will send it over! Blessings!

      Delete
  12. can you email them to me as well tamaraadams89@yahoo.com thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Tamara for your interest! I have emailed you the lesson plan! Blessings!

      Delete
  13. Could you email them to me, too? dwaynesgirl1996@hotmail.com Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Beth for your interest! I have emailed you the Torah Boot Camp VBS lesson plans! Have an awesome VBS!

      Delete
  14. Hi! This all looks so good! Do you happen to still have these plans? Could you possibly email to me? lhern1893@gmail.com.
    Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Lauren,
      Your Torah Boot Camp VBS lesson plan have been emailed! Thank You!

      Delete
  15. Hello!!! Could I also get a copy of the lesson plan emailed to me? This sounds right up our alley!!! :)
    haleebowie@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for your interest! I have emailed the lesson to your email! Have a great VBS!

      Delete
  16. Can I get a copy of this lesson also? latashiau@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Tash! I have emailed you the lesson plan!

      Delete
  17. I love your ideas, we have small church and are planning a theme like this 'The Lord's Army' I would love to have your lesson plans if you still have them

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pam, I would be glad to send you what I have...please leave me your email address and I'll send them right over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Pam! Your Torah Boot Camp lesson plan has been sent!

      Delete
  19. Hi... Can you please email also lesson plan. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please give me your email in order for me to send it. Thank You!

      Delete
  20. Could you send me lesson plans for Torah Boot Camp thank you so much plunger2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi if you still have the lesson plan I am interested! Bahena_viri@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Viri!
      I have email you the Torah Boot Camp vbs!

      Delete
  22. This looks amazing! Would you be willing to share your lesson plans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please leave me your email and I will send it to you!

      Delete
  23. Thank You!! The lesson plan has been emailed!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'd love the lesson plans. Thank you! andyandholly@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your interest! The Torah Boot Camp VBS file has been emailed!! Blessings!

      Delete