Ephesians 3:17.."that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,"

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Slurp Your Milk!

Every night at the dinner table my girls run to the silverware drawer to get a straw for their milk. However, it is becoming this battle within me for good manners! Because of course, once they get down to the bottom there is inevitable....slurping! Ugh! Here is my delimma..is this a battle I pick?? I don't know?? I don't want to be the mom of the kid who is slurping up a storm in a quiet restaurant or at the next family gathering. I, of course want my kids to be a picture of grace and poise. HA!! Who am I kidding? Myself of course! So I have decided to try to expect less poise at home, and be more of the enforcer in public. It's OK, to not be the perfect well mannered adult or kid ALL the time! We gotta give'em some slack. I want my kids to feel comfortable to be themselves in the surroundings of our own home! This will help lay the groundwork for future discussions in hopes they will feel comfortable sharing what's on their minds, knowing I won't be concerned with how they are sitting in their chair and having their elbows on the table. So, sit back, relax and slurp your milk!!

No comments:

Post a Comment