Ephesians 3:17.."that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,"

Monday, April 2, 2012

Graceless But Full of Grace!



Giggly
 Relaxed
 Animated
 Carefree
 Embarrassing
 Loony
 Entertaining
 Strange
 Silly

This pretty much me in a nutshell! I am one of these at one point in the day, sometimes, all at once, but that happens maybe with the help of some sugar and caffiene.  I have never thought of myself as graceful, I grew up a tom-boy, fishing and building forts. It didn't hit me until college when I met  one of my roommates, who grew up in the south.  She was tall, elegant, beautiful and never made bodily noises.  She could sing AND play the piano!  She properly placed her napkin in her lap and used wine glasses for every day beverages.  She even wore high heels!!  I was pretty much her opposite. She tried to class me up and even tried to teach me the piano....but, it just wasn't me.  I learned to love my "graceless" self, because I knew God made me this way.  The more imperfect I was, the more Jesus was perfected.  I can try drinking with my pinky in the air or learn to walk in heels, but that will not fill me with grace.  God's grace is what I need to be desiring and I can't earn it...whew!!
 Romans 11:6
And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

I serve a wonderous God of grace who takes me as I am and gives me grace in those imperfect areas so that I can glory in Him and give Him the praise.  All I am is thru the grace He has granted me.

1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment