Ephesians 3:17.."that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love,"

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Our Favorite Journal Prompts

1st grade journal prompts:

1.  If you could stay up til midnight...what would you do??
2. What season is your favorite and why?  Draw a picture.
3. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?
4. If you made dinner tonight, what would you make and why??
5. My home is happy because....
6. If I were the teacher..I would??
7.  I am proud of myself because I can...??
8.  If I had $1000.00, I would.....
9.  Describe a time when you showed kindness to someone.
10.  If you could have any pet...what would it be and why??
11. Jesus made me special because....
12. I am thankful for........
13. If I could have lunch with anyone in the Bible, it would be?? Why??
14. My favorite book is__________, because.........
15. If I could learn to do anything it would be........
16. If I lived on a farm, I would like.....
17. My favorite foods are???? Draw pictures of each.
18. My favorite game is........
19. If I woke up to a dinosaur in my backyard, I would............tell what kind.
20. My favorite place to go is................

Make journal prompts after certain holidays, seasons, field trips and other events.....
What was your favorite part about the field trip??  If it snowed today, what would you do??  I love Hanukkah because??? If I had a turkey for a pet, I would??  My favorite part about church yesterday was....

Have fun, let them be creative and encourage them to draw pictures and color them to bring their entries to life.  Have them write the date above every page and check grammar and punctution.

No comments:

Post a Comment